The Best of PvP
Originally Published in 2011
- Since it debuted in 1998, PvP (Player Vs. Player) has been one of a handful of upstart comic strips that changed the game of the medium forever. This book contains the author’s favorite strips from over a decade of daily laughs, complete with commentary and insights. A wonderful introduction to the very best of PvP.
PvP The Dork Ages
Originally published in 2004 by Image Comics
- Collects all of the original long-form stories from PvP’s self-published run with Dork Storm Press. Join the PvP gang as they parody Superhero comics, The Matrix, Anime, 80s Christmas specials, and more.
- Includes gaming stats to play the PvP characters in your Mutants and Masterminds d20 campaigns (from Green Ronin Publishing).
How to Make Webcomics
- Originally published in 2008 before we even knew what social media really was.
- For years, aspiring cartoonists have dreamed about making a living from their work. But until recently their only avenue of success was through a syndicate or publisher. Now more and more cartoonists are doing it on their own and self-publishing their comic strips on the web. With the right amount of work, knowledge, and luck, so, too, can you. Scott Kurtz and Kristopher Straub offer their advice on how to create compelling characters, develop a solid comic strip, build a website, forge a community, and start earning money from your Webcomic without having to sell your soul.
- Extremely out of date, but some of the stuff in here still applies.
- Kind of neat, in a time-capsule kind of way.